COMEX Projet meeting 2013
The meeting of the COMEX project will take place on: Tuesday, 19 November 2013, 10.00 – 17.30
at U.L.B., Campus La Plaine, NO building, room 2.NO5.07 (5th floor).
A map of the campus is available following this link:
To reach building NO from metro station Delta, please follow the signs:
“Forum” , “bâtiment NO” or “Mathématiques-Physique”.
If you come by car, access 2 and access 4 lead to the parking areas.
On Monday, you will receive a parking sticker to put legibly on your windshield. (This will indicate your name, and a contact number where you can be reached in case of need / problem regarding your vehicle).
10.00 – 10.30 Welcome – Coffee
10.30 – 11.00 “A branch-and-price algorithm for a 2-period vehicle routing problem”
Resa Sadrabadi (ULg)
11.00 – 11.30 “Grammar-based algorithm generation”
Franco Mascia (ULB/IRIDIA)
11.30 – 12.00 “Solution approaches for the heterogeneous dial-a-ride problem”
Kris Braekers (UHasselt)
12.00 – 13.30 Lunch
13.30 – 14.00 “Models for traffic engineering with multiple spanning tree protocols”
Martim Moniz (ULB/GOM)
14.00 – 14.30 “Multi-objective algorithm configuration”
Nguyen Dang (KULAK)
14.30 – 15.00 “Complexity of single server multiqueue optimization with deterministic arrival processes”
Ward Passchyn (KUL)
15.00 – 15.30 Coffee break
15.30 – 16.00 “VRP with loading constraints: incorporating axle weight restrictions”
Hanne Pollaris (UHasselt)
16.00 – 16.30 “An iterative approach to generate k dissimilar VRP solutions”
Luca Talarico (Univ. Antwerp)
16.30 – 17.30 Administrative meeting
COMEX – Bilateral meeting between Partner 2 (QuantOM, HEC Management School, Université de Liège) and Partner 4 (ResearchGroup ‘Logistics’, Hasselt University)
Date: 9 July 2013
Location:Hasselt University, Campus Diepenbeek
At the COMEX workshop in La Roche on 6 March 2013, it has been observed that the partner teams 2 and 4 have a great deal of common interest with respect to research topics, techniques and methods. Therefore a proposal has been launched to investigate in further detail how a research collaboration between both partners could be worked out within the COMEX project. While, since the workshop in La Roche, some informal contact have taken place between both partners, it seemed useful to spend a full day on exchanging details on opportunities for joint research.
From QuantOM, ULg: Yves Crama , Michaël Schyns, Sabine Limbourg, Thierry Pironet, Virginie Lurkin, Martine Mostert
From Logistics, UHasselt: Gerrit Janssens, An Caris, Katrien Ramaekers, Tabitha Maes, Lotte Verdock, Hanne Pollaris
From the COMEX management, ULB: Bernard Fortz
In the morning five presentations have been held with respect to topics which are eligible for joint research between both partners:
(1) Michaël Schyns on ‘Combinatorial optimization and air transportation problems’
(2) Hanne Pollaris on ‘VRP with loading constraints’
(3) Thierrry Pironet on ‘Multi-period problems in transportation’
(4) Lotte Verdonck on ‘The cooperative facility location problem’
(5) Martine Mostert on ‘Location of intermodal terminals’
Afterwards informal discussion have been held to look for the opportunities for joint collaboration with the COMEX project.
– Gerrit Janssens will serve as a jury member in the doctoral defense of Thierry Pironet
– Michaël Schyns and/or Sabine Limbourg will serve as members of the doctoral commission of Hanne Pollaris
– An Caris and Sabine Limbourg are currently writing a paper for the Smart Rivers 2013 Conference to be held in Liège/Maastricht in September 2013
– The idea, launched by Thomas Stützle in La Roche, to compile a survey paper on a topic within each work package, will be worked out in the context of ‘loading constraints’. Gerrit Janssens will invite the COMEX partners to contribute
– Yves Crama is interested in looking closer to game theoretic approaches in logistics decision making as presented by Lotte Verdonck
– Gerrit Janssens is interested in joining the research on optimal parameter design for algorithms for the VRPTW as presented by Michaël Schyns
– Katrien Ramaekers will contact Yasemin Arda for joint interests
19th Belgian Workshop on Mathematical Optimization
The annual Belgian Mathematical Programming Workshop aims at gathering the whole Belgian community active in mathematical programming, optimization and related areas. Each two-day workshop consists in a series of presentations by PhD students and two longer tutorial sessions by invited speakers.
In 2013, the workshop will take place on 7th-8th March 2013.